Why are you electrocuted in water

Cell phone accident in Gossau (SG) - 22-year-old woman killed by electric shock in a bathtub

  1. News
  2. Switzerland
  3. Current article
content
  • A 22-year-old woman was killed by an electric shock in the bathtub in Gossau (SG).
  • She had gone swimming with the cell phone connected to the electricity.
  • The woman climbed into the bathtub filled with water and watched a program on her mobile phone.

For unknown reasons, the mobile phone plugged into the electricity must have fallen into the water. The 22-year-old Swiss woman suffered fatal injuries as a result of the electric shock.

The fatal electrical accident occurred last Thursday evening after 8 p.m., as the St. Gallen canton police announced on Saturday. In addition to the ambulance service with an emergency doctor, several patrols from the canton police and the forensic police service were called in to clarify the course of the accident. Psychological first aid had been requested to look after the relatives.

In their message, the police warned against using electrical devices connected to the power supply in the area of ​​the full bathtub when bathing.

Comment function is deactivated

Open the box Close the box

Out of consideration for the people involved, the comment function under this article has been deactivated. We thank you for your understanding.

SRF 4 News, May 1st, 2021, 11:00 a.m.; sda / spea; sibl

  1. News
  2. Switzerland
  3. Current article