How many grandchildren did Queen Victoria have
Victoria was born in 1819 as the daughter of the Duchess of Kent and was third in line to the throne due to the childlessness of King George IV and his brothers Friedrich and Wilhelm.
Her family was impoverished and Victoria grew up in a modest way. For her mother, a dream came true on June 20, 1837, when Victoria was crowned Queen after the death of Wilhelm.
In contrast to her contemporaries, Empress Eugénie of France and Empress Elisabeth of Austria, she was not a dazzling personality. On the contrary, it was no beauty for the taste of the time, too small, too fat and completely devoid of any elegance. However, she had been well prepared for her office from childhood and she mastered the task in her own way.
Victoria married her cousin Albert von Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha on February 10, 1840 and found in him the ideal companion at her side. He supported her in her office and secretly felt like the true ruler, since Victoria had 9 children and was not unhappy in the role of housewife.
However, Albert died in 1861 at the age of only 42. Victoria mourned him deeply and for many years and even neglected her office at times. When she died on January 22, 1901, the world had changed more rapidly and fundamentally than ever before in the past 82 years.
Politically, Great Britain had created a colonial empire that made the mother country rich and ensured a supremacy in world trade. During her reign, technical developments sprouted like mushrooms. Around 1850 half of the world's cotton cloth production came from Great Britain; the first was in London as early as 1863
Victoria embodied a strict moral that we still associate with Victorian times today. Prudery, decency, strict social rules but also elegance, lavish presentation, aristocratic pride and civic ideals are the cornerstones of a society that fascinates us precisely because of this.
- What is the future of cyber piracy
- How do cephalopods change their color
- Can democracy lead to suppression
- Where is Tucson located in Arizona
- What is an identifier in Java
- Light bulbs are poisonous and harmful
- How can I benefit from a change in DNS
- Can adolescents engage in substance abuse
- What have you been doing secretly
- As an adult, learn to draw sketches
- How good is the Allscripts company
- How does plagiarism work
- Why is Laravel more famous than Symfony
- Where can I find SharePoint 2013 tutorials
- What stocks do mutual funds buy
- How does the US see Scandinavia?
- Where can I find someone from Florida
- When and where did the RTI start
- Need to buy WoW Classic
- Why do some people fail to deal with rejection
- Hillary Clinton is a true Christian
- What's the meanest movie ever made
- What novels are good for being intellectuals
- How can I download grade-up learning material