What is the worst possible name of the doctor
Medical reviews: how serious are portals?
Anyone looking for a doctor on the Internet will quickly come across review portals such as Jameda, Docinsider or Sanego. There, doctors are rated with school grades, asterisks or comments. But the German Medical Association advises caution: Often it is a question of falsified, emotionalized reviews.
Control hardly possible
Consumer advocates are also critical of commercial doctor review portals. As a rule, it is not checked whether the evaluators have ever been in the doctor's office. There are also agencies that give reviews on behalf of doctors. The professional entries can hardly be distinguished from real reviews. Even if the portals insist that they pay attention to the quality of the entries and manipulation attempts, secure control is hardly possible.
Better rating for paid premium profiles?
Some platforms are criticized because they are both advertising and rating platforms. Doctors can buy so-called premium profiles on the platforms and then appear with a photo, professional focus and a link to the website. They can also place advertisements. Consumer advocates doubt that the portals cannot be influenced by advertising income.
"Time" study: Paying doctors rated better
In a study, the weekly newspaper "Die Zeit" compared the average rating of 3,770 graded doctors and found that doctors with a paid profile hardly ever get bad grades. 95 percent of doctors with a premium profile are rated 1, compared to only 77 percent of non-paying colleagues. The average grade for paying doctors is 1.2 compared to 1.7 for non-paying colleagues.
Doctors also suspect that platform operators are more likely to block negative criticism from paying doctors. The portal operators assert, however, that paid profiles have no influence on the ratings or the ranking.
White list: rating portal without advertising
Those who do not want to rely solely on the experiences of friends and family members when looking for a doctor can use the "White List" database. All doctors in private practice are listed in the Bertelsmann Foundation's project. The white list is ad-free, based on scientific surveys and is controlled by patient organizations. If you want to submit a review, you must provide your health insurance number.
Correctly assess doctor ratings
- positive reviews: If a doctor receives almost exclusively positive reviews in a review forum, this can be a reason to doubt the meaningfulness of the review.
- Check criteria: The providers of medical portals determine the ratings with the help of questionnaires. The criteria do not always make sense - check how the assessment is made up.
- Compare portals: Compare the reviews of a doctor on several portals. Caution should be exercised if similar formulations are used several times.
- Ask personal contacts: When looking for a doctor, ask friends, relatives and work colleagues who will tell you honestly about their experiences. If you have already found a doctor you trust, you can ask him for recommendations for other doctors.
How good is the food in hospitals?
A balanced diet rich in vitamins helps patients to regain their health quickly. But hospital food usually has a bad reputation - rightly? A test. more
Patients, Pills, and Big Bucks
Those who are sick want to get the best medication for their ailments. But may patients receive the best-advertised medicine instead? more
This topic in the program:
Market | 10/21/2019 | 8:15 pm
- Why is Windows Movie Maker considered bad
- Hate being little
- How can I find my damn passion
- How can the rearing of chickens be profitable
- Are there unsafe areas in Tallinn, Estonia
- Can you wear a tampon while swimming
- How can I use the AD5260 digital potentiometer
- What are half-truths
- How do I tolerate a veiled roommate
- Why do people drink sprite with codeine
- How do you like life?
- Ranbir Kapoor's acting career is over
- The AAP is supported by the Middle East
- Who is the Highest Paid NFL Coach
- Lord Krishna is a male prostitute
- Why not update the Lollipop HTC Desire
- How do I open a Z file
- What is the Japanese Kanji for carnivores
- Is the Micromax Q381 a standard ROM
- How can I help my laptops last longer?
- Can I watch porn without a network
- Is OOP required for embedded engineering
- Can you really get lost in space?
- What is your assessment of prison reform