What is the best teeth whitening kit
White Teeth: How Good Are Whitening Products?
Many would like sparkling white teeth. But teeth often get darker and yellower in the course of life, for example through the consumption of coffee, tea or cigarettes. Whitening your teeth at the dentist's (bleaching) can cost several hundred euros. As a cheaper alternative, there are teeth whitening products in drugstores and pharmacies. In a sample, Markt compares five remedies for white teeth:
- Toothpaste Blend-a-med White Luxe 3-D-White for 2.99 euros
- Toothpaste with LED light amplifier BlanX White Shock for 7.49 euros
- a pack of Rapid White Bleaching Strips for 15.99 euros
- Perlweiss Hollywood Bleaching White for 15.99 euros
- Tooth whitening kit iWhite instant teeth whitening for 29.95 euros
A dentist assesses the teeth whitening products for the market.
Whiten only healthy teeth
Teeth to be bleached must be healthy. A whitening agent should not be used on carious teeth, exposed tooth necks and teeth with leaky fillings. You should also be careful with fillings or crowns in the visible area for aesthetic reasons, as they are not bleached at the same time.
Whiten teeth at the dentist
Most dentists offer professional whitening in their practice. It costs around 300 euros. One visit is usually sufficient for a clear brightening effect. The dentist has the option of applying a very high dose of bleach. Depending on how strong the effect should be, several bleaching passes are carried out. The effect is often intensified by using a UV lamp. After teeth whitening, the teeth are fluoridated so that the tooth and tooth enamel are adequately protected again. Whitening lasts for about two years. After three years at the latest, the teeth become darker again. As long as they are not bleached more than twice a year, the enamel can recover and is not damaged.
Toothpaste with a whitening effect
Toothpastes that promise white teeth are hardly more expensive than ordinary creams. Usually they only differ from normal toothpastes in terms of the ingredients that mechanically remove plaque (cleaning body). Chalk, silicates or marble powder are used as cleaning agents. Similar to a scouring milk, they are supposed to "polish off" deposits and discoloration.
In principle, it is possible to remove superficial discoloration with the help of teeth whitening creams. However, no result is to be expected that is lighter than the natural tooth color. Someone who has naturally yellowish teeth will not get a bright white smile just by brushing their teeth, even if the advertising promises otherwise. In addition, you should refrain from using the toothpaste every day: the regular abrasion can damage the tooth enamel.
Gels and pens for teeth whitening
Gels and pens for bleaching teeth usually work on the basis of hydrogen peroxide, a substance that is also used for coloring hair. The higher the dose of such a bleaching agent and the longer it acts on the teeth, the lighter the teeth will be. Although over-the-counter products contain little hydrogen peroxide, they can be used to achieve slight whitening results. With regular use, this can damage the tooth enamel in the long term.
Conclusion: the dentist considers the effect to be low
In the opinion of the dentist, the promised effect of the teeth whitening products largely failed to materialize. None of the products tested made the teeth significantly lighter. According to the expert, those who want to keep their teeth white for a long time should avoid staining foods such as coffee, tea and red wine and not smoke.
This topic in the program:
Market | 04/10/2017 | 8:15 pm
- Does Walmart offer safety inspections Why
- What are the ways to restore memory
- How can one explain the spontaneous human combustion
- What are the modifiers in Cinema 4D
- Can be charged 12v 7ah battery
- How to see Mercedes Benz in Germany
- Why do golf caddies wear overalls
- How did German spies interfere?
- How do large companies localize marketing videos
- Cats can have a mental illness
- How can I become your friend 1
- Rich people have better lives
- How many children did Chandragupta Maurya have
- Why can't my friend hear my thoughts
- How does the EPA test emissions
- What are the examples of basic oxides
- Who would win Kefla against Android 17
- Can the Hulk defeat Galactus
- Where is Michael Jackson's body
- How would you label this picture
- Which coaching is best for IAS
- What is the role of the IBM GTS project manager
- Where does your IP address come from
- What will 4 4 4 1 be