Is salvia psychoactive
Salvia divinorum is a psychoactive species of sage, popularly also called magic sage or fortune telling sage. The plant comes from southern Mexico, where it was used by the Mazatec Indians for shamanic rituals, among other things.
The main active ingredient of the plant is salvinorin A, a diterpene that can have a strong hallucinogenic effect even in small quantities. Salvinorin A is considered to be the most potent naturally occurring hallucinogen.
The dried leaves can be smoked in a similar way to cannabis, but the effects can be very sudden. Depending on the amount, the effect lasts between five and approx. 30 minutes. Fresh and dried leaves are chewed and can have a bitter taste. Here the effect sets in after about 10 minutes and can then last up to about an hour.
Salvia divinorum is definitely not a party drug, as it - especially in high doses - can lead to unusual and violent psychological effects in which the body feeling changes very strongly. For example, consumers report having the feeling of transforming themselves into an object.
Little is known about the possible risks of salvia consumption as the plant has received little research to date. Since it is a hallucinogen, it must be assumed that the consumption of salvia can also entail the psychological risks typical of hallucinogens. You can read about these under the keyword hallucinogens.
All entries in the drug lexicon for the letter "S"
- Which archaea are pathogenic
- Which is better NIT Warangal or Allahabad
- What are the ways to restore memory
- What happens if an engine fails
- Is evolution still applicable to humans?
- Make you fearful of cemeteries
- Why did we want to be right?
- Cheap printers are being sold at a loss
- What can you do about lupus pain?
- What are some of the cutest names
- Is it morally wrong to hate criminals?
- Who was the first IBM programmer
- What is the full form of the COPU
- Does Navi Mumbai have an airport
- A business plan may contain diagrams
- What is a good introductory text to physics
- Why are users frustrated with user interfaces
- How did the First World War affect France?
- Why don't parents raise their children?
- Are Chip and Joanna Gaines homophobic
- What are some threats to the rainforest
- Why do our parents lie to us
- Why are drones controversial
- Which subjects are there in +1 arts
- How expensive are insulin pumps
- Who is your favorite SoundCloud rapper
- Is photography a crime?
- What are some contradictions in the making
- Was Light Yagami angry in Death Note
- Ibogaine can change the life of an addict
- How can you get TurboSquid models
- What is Cliff Asness's fortune
- What is the future of Drupal Gardens
- What was the best WW2 tank