What is slow food
Slow Food: A trend to our liking
Around 30 years ago, the publicist and Barolo friend Carlo Petrini was overcome with irrepressible anger: A McDonald’s branch had opened its doors on the venerable Piazza Navona in Rome. As a protest against this, he organized a public spaghetti dinner on the Spanish Steps and founded an association: Slow Food.
Buono, pulito e giusto - good, clean and fair
He defined the standards of the new gastronomy in a nutshell: it should be “buono, pulito e giusto” - good, clean and fair. If one element is missing, it is not slow food, according to Petrini.
Meanwhile, the slow food movement 1 million supporters and 100,000 members in 160 countries. Take center stage regional and seasonal products with an authentic charactermade and enjoyed in a traditional or original way. Food that is grown, produced, sold or consumed according to slow food criteria is intended to strengthen regional economic cycles and bind people to their region with all their senses.
Appeal to the senses
The slow food movement pursues one with just as much commitment Philosophy of enjoyment and the Mindfulness in Eating. When you sit down at the table hungry, the whole organism reacts. The eyes and nose begin to inspect the food on the plate before you have even started eating.
The senses need time for this. Take a quiet look at what's waiting on your plate - a moment of silence. And then get fully involved in the meal without looking at the television or cell phone. Concentrate on every bite and chew well.
If we take too little time with eating, we will miss the saturation point.
Eating more slowly and consciously also has health benefits. Fast eaters are more likely to be fat. Scientists at Osaka University studied the eating habits of over 3,000 subjects and found that twists and turns have three times the risk of obesity. According to a study by the University of Rhode Island, slow eaters consume over ten percent fewer calories per meal. This is because it takes 15 to 20 minutes for our brain to register that we are full. If we take too little time, we will miss this saturation point.
Slow is good for you
The metabolism also benefits from eating slowly: If every bite is chewed at least 15 times, it is well absorbed by saliva and is therefore optimally prepared for the digestive tract. Last, but not least: Enjoying in peace and enjoying the taste of the food properly reduces stress hormones - and that's good for all of us ...
- What is real estate taxation
- What is your favorite linux distro
- Which is more harmful to our teeth
- How much is Bob Marley worth
- How Swiggy earns and gives discounts
- Why is Quora Ontology not called Quora Taxonomy
- How does Archana Sasi learn
- You can drink alcohol while taking doxycycline
- What is meant by a price range
- Can spring tails with Lyme disease bite people
- What was your experience with Indian doctors
- Are all vegetables with seeds actually fruit?
- What is an appendix C of the passport
- Who does more things China or Japan
- What were Russia's goals during World War II
- What did the European Enlightenment do right?
- What color is Livermorium
- Should we ban bottled soda
- How long does a light sunburn last?
- What is the maven
- Why are there secrets
- Where does Quora get its moderators from
- Is English a constructed language
- Who are the potential buyers for Freshdesk