What is the Russian word for supply?
Politician: Navalny is "deliberately tortured"
In a letter to the Russian opposition politician Alexej Navalny, quoted by the news magazine "Spiegel", members of the Greens, Union, SPD and FDP express their "full solidarity" with the 44-year-old. Navalny, detained in a penal camp in Pokrov, is currently on hunger strike.
The cross-party expression of solidarity with Nawalny was made by the Federal Government's human rights commissioner, Bärbel Kofler (SPD), the Green politicians Manuel Sarrazin, Omid Nouripour and Jürgen Trittin, the Union MPs Roderich Kiesewetter, Andreas Nick and Jürgen Hardt and the liberals Renata Alt and Bijan Djir-Sarai signed.
"Notwithstanding the arbitrariness and illegality of the judgments pronounced against you, we are calling for the European Committee for the Prevention of Torture to review your conditions of detention," the politicians said in the letter.
Navalny's hunger strike "depressing"
Nawalny's supporters had recently reported a further deterioration in his health. The Kremlin critic has pain in his back and numbness in his legs and arms. Appropriate medical care is withheld from him.
Russian security forces arrested doctor Anastasia Vasilyeva in front of the Pokrov penal camp on April 6
The reports about the hunger strike in Navalny are "depressing", said Sarrazin, spokesman for the Greens for Eastern European policy and the initiator of the letter, the "Spiegel". "We must not look the other way if the system puts Putin Navalny in danger again," he demanded.
Navalny was imprisoned for two and a half years
Navalny survived an attack with a neurotoxin from the Novichok group in August last year. He was then flown to Germany and treated at the Berlin Charité. He was arrested immediately after returning to Russia in January.
The Russian opposition politician Alexej Navalny in the Russian penal camp N2 in Pokrov
The opposition politician was then sentenced to more than two and a half years in prison for alleged violations of his probation conditions. The decision was strongly condemned internationally and sparked mass protests in Russia. Navalny is imprisoned in penal camp N2 in the small town of Pokrov - around 200 kilometers east of Moscow.
nob / mak (afp, spiegel.de)
- What are the hunting seasons in Georgia
- Where can I sell my illustrations?
- What is Microsoft Office OneNote
- Should Jennifer Lawrence buy Harvey Weinstein's studio
- What is Samus Aran's weakness
- Why should the Indian freelancers give GST
- Is Riyad Mahrez overrated
- Is the living environment viewed as biology
- How does trauma turn someone into a monster
- I can assume that he likes me
- Where can I find investment research reports
- Is propanediol a natural ingredient
- What are the problems for the eye
- Is Salesforce com really multi-tenant software
- What is UIWindow in Swift
- Why is natural gas cheaper than gasoline
- Why was Bengal divided by the British
- Why Twitch is not famous in India
- Why is it normal to doubt yourself?
- Do you think your brother is attractive?
- Where can I learn to work on computers
- What is restlessness
- What is the future of voice search
- Do radiologists perform any procedures?
- What is the cell morphology of mycoplasma
- Where can I get weed online
- What's the bloodiest moment on Disney media
- College is a rip off
- Which fraction is 9 inches
- Think the news affects people
- What are concave lenses
- What is IT engineering about?
- How does muscle memory work 1