What are ghosts afraid of?
Everyday family life in the corona crisis
Most parents know the situation: My child is afraid and reasonable explanations will not help. So what can I do as a mother or father? The first step in helping a fearful child can be to see fear for what it is: a huge development opportunity!
What is fear
Fear is an innate feeling that is part of the basic emotional makeup of humans. Complex processes in the brain and in the endocrine system put the entire human organism on alert. This manifests itself in different symptoms: anxiety, palpitations, tremors, sweating, dry mouth, urination, nausea or sleep disorders. Of course, fear is therefore perceived as unpleasant and annoying, but in principle it is part of healthy mental development. It trains people in dealing with dangers. Humanity could not have developed successfully without fear - we would have long since died out. It also promotes development processes. Whenever one has mastered a fear-inducing situation, one's own automatism and the feeling of self-efficacy grow.
What are the children's fears?
We can distinguish two categories of child fears:
1.) Environmental fears
These are fears that do not occur in a certain development phase, but are triggered by specific causes in the child's environment. It can be harmless triggers, such as the birth of a sibling, or more serious triggers, such as a family trauma that can only be managed with therapeutic help. Read the article (child psychologist) ...
Most of the child's fears are, however
2.) Developmental fears
These are fears that every child experiences in the course of their development with varying degrees of intensity - depending on their temperament. They typically appear at a certain stage of development and usually go away on their own.
Children often develop at very different speeds in different areas. The following age information is intended only as an approximate guide. Fears that would be expected in a developmental phase, but only emerge later or a little earlier, are just as normal as child fears that have apparently already been overcome and that suddenly become noticeable again.
In the first ten weeks of life
- Phion structured water is a scam
- How does an INTJ
- Can the frontal lobe syndrome be reversed
- What is the need for population control
- Are you from Vidyanikethan
- Which is easier biology or math
- Which diet is preferable
- What do Quora employees think of Fountain
- What event did the Spanish-American War begin
- Let's get mobile
- When does meth heal my body?
- When to use scrapy python
- Why do military jets and missiles crackle
- What is the nature of economic development
- What are good books for enterprise architecture
- Which IIM can I hope for
- How much does a quarter of a pot cost
- Is it wrong to put yourself in the shoes of psychopaths?
- How do they pray to Hades
- What are the different streams in commerce
- What is COAI in India
- Is there a demand for XSLT developers
- What did Mathew Brady invent
- What is a volcanic flag
- Who are the founders of Lean Startup
- What does your backpack collection look like
- How is Minsk
- Christians have moral codes
- Why do some people stare at strangers
- What year did Sanskrit start
- Does vinegar kill an athlete's foot
- Who Owns Trader Joe's 1
- Is the living tribunal dead?
- Can you die of liver failure