What is the future of Ruby
How Ruby on Rails manages to convince us again and again
The daily use of a technology has a fundamental impact on the decision-making and development cycle of an application. It shapes the way we develop, test and deliver our products. For us, Ruby on Rails is the defining technology that determines our development work.
Is it time for a change?
So why not follow the change and search for a new technology?
What is Ruby on Rails?
Most of the time, when we talk about a framework, we are referring to a collection of features and functionality designed to facilitate the development of a particular area. In the case of Rails, this area is the web - the platform of the future.
Three very strong pros for rails
A strong base
One of the main reasons Rails is still a popular framework is the fact that it is built on an even more popular foundation: the Ruby programming language.
Ruby is one of the most field-tested languages. The main focus of the language is on a simple, intuitive and natural language and programming experience. As a result, no low-level management of the memory and no confusion with pointers and references is guaranteed. In short: Ruby is a great high-level tool belt for every imaginable task.
A big community
In addition to a large technological base, the framework also has a large and constantly growing user base, which provides the old technology with frequent updates and works towards expanding the framework with modern approaches.
In addition, the user base also provides the project with feedback, bug fixes, and suggestions for improvement. Since the group of contributors comes from all walks of life and work and different companies from different industries, the project has been driven in such a way that the developers * are left many configurations open, which reduces the costs of introducing a different application and development style.
Because of this dynamic collection of updates, problems, and improvements, both Ruby programming and the Rails framework have stood the test of time and are more popular than ever.
The first version of Rails was released in 2004, which has allowed it to mature over the past 15+ years. During this time, projects of all sizes and ambitions were carried out with it. Rails has thus faced practically every task imaginable and has served many large companies. GitHub - the mecca for coders - is one of the companies that Ruby on Rails has been using for a long time.
For many years, companies have trusted Rails to provide them with a strong base from which to develop, and they expected it to adapt. The hopes have also been fulfilled! Rails and Ruby are updated year after year. New functions are introduced, bugs are worked out and old patterns are replaced. All of this has given the project a maturity that can only be achieved with time and effort.
The disadvantage (which is usually not at all)
The main argument that can be made against the Ruby programming language and thus against Rails is its speed. Since Ruby is an interpreted language, it lacks the capabilities of a compiled language like C. And that in turn carries over to the Rails framework. Of course, therefore, it cannot operate on the same level as C, C ++ and other languages of this kind.
This is one of the main reasons companies are looking for a language and framework that offers them higher throughput and higher speed. They flock to languages like Go and Rust.
But to be honest, most of them will likely come back to Rails after a while to indulge in the magic that Rails offers behind the scenes. Handling routing, queries, database connections and much more without the involvement of the programmer.
Because, as already mentioned, Rust and Go may be the new big languages of the future ... But before they can replace Ruby on Rails or Ruby, they first have to withstand the constantly changing environment of software development. They haven't seen the web development revolutions of the past 15 years, and it will be another ten years before they can draw on a similar wealth of experience.
Rails as a money saver for customers
Thanks to our broad experience with rails, we have been able to offer our customers great added value over the past ten years. We offer you solutions adapted to your requirements. And one of the reasons we can make this happen is because of the magic that Rails is all about.
- The elimination of all complications that can arise during configuration and set-up.
- The elimination of all the low-level details and the ability for us to go straight into the details of their business logic.
- Fast and dynamic development of new features without a fight with the compiler or the language.
In conclusion, we can say that we are hopelessly addicted to Ruby on Rails. As a young, dynamic team, we depend on software that has been developed, tested and used for years.
So the next time you use one of our products, you can be sure that you can rely on the well-tested framework and the time and effort that has gone into developing the Rails community.
- How can I play Minecraft better
- Neither study pain nor gain
- How can I generate electricity
- What are some of the cutest names
- Why can't short men be a model
- Do IQ tests have any real value
- What are the two equipotential bonding surfaces
- What is an Edge Server
- What does the investigation of crime scenes involve
- Why are pants only for girls
- Why do people like sports bikes
- What is the purpose of burning incense
- Why am I afraid of leadership roles
- Vito and Michael Corleone were both sociopaths
- How do logopaedists help clients
- Does triple A car insurance cover towing
- How blind people comb their hair
- What the fuck is satan
- What is your favorite blog commenting system
- What are the benefits of SDLC
- Who will win the 2014 Ryder Cup
- What is 12 1 1 2
- What a word sightseeing is
- Can a girl take love seriously?
- Which brand has the best commercials
- Are there any famous Mayan mathematicians
- Why are cows sacred in India?
- Why were battlebots stopped
- What is Audrey Hepburn best known for
- What are multibagger stocks in India
- What causes depression
- WE CAN STUDY FOR 6 HOURS
- Which industries use and benefit from foursquare
- Work with Ifazone