How can I be arrested to death?
Aurelia describes her illness as an "invisible cancer". For eight years she has been fighting for permission to use euthanasia.
Only a few cases of suicide are reported in the media, for good reason: to avoid further suicides. Aurelia doesn't want to incite anyone to commit suicide with her story. She wants those who want to end their life due to incurable pain, to be able to do so independently, accompanied by a doctor. Not alone, after an overdose. Not by jumping in front of a train or from a tall building. But at home, in your own bed, surrounded by friends. With dignity.
The Dutch Levenseindekliniek (End of Life Clinic) sends out mobile teams to carry out outpatient euthanasia. However, it is not easy for the mentally ill to get this approved. Aurelia also applied for permission to die there. The first time in 2012, but was turned down because she had not tried all of the treatment options. At the beginning of 2017 she was one of 503 applicants. She talked to doctors and psychologists, filled out forms and shared her medical history. And she made this process public.
What is the difference between a terminally ill patient who can no longer endure the pain of his physical illness and a terminally ill patient who can no longer endure the pain of his mental illness? This is Aurelia's mission, she blogs, posts, tweets. She wants to tell her story, raise awareness and hope to create greater understanding of euthanasia for mental illnesses.
- What should I do after engineering
- How is the mechanical energy calculated
- Which university course should every teenager take?
- What is Iupac name of sodium acetate
- How will nanoparticles change medicine?
- Abraham Lincoln was an atheist
- Checks out Tana Ramsay Cooking Gordon Ramsay
- What role does the economic survey play
- What is a TRS 80
- Would Microsoft ever go bankrupt?
- What does the name Boruto mean
- Which European power has given Tanzania independence?
- Which university is better UET vs NUST
- What is the rank of RIMT University
- Do I have to pay for a ticket
- What is inpatient rehab
- How is life in Humboldt County
- Is It Safe To Live Near Fracking?
- What is the upper limit for crypto currency
- What is your home first aid kit?
- How strong are seals when they swim?
- How do power factor correctors work
- What are some reviews of GREedge advice
- Why is Buddha considered important
- Is the Kumaraguru College of Technology expensive
- How can I solve this question
- Where does Quora get its moderators from
- How did politics affect the Russian Revolution?
- What experiences have changed people's lives?
- Exercises can reduce breast size
- Is someone using Alexa in Malaysia
- How busy a game programmer is
- Why is search engine marketing important