What were the deadliest earthquakes
TsunamisThe 10 most devastating tsunamis of the last 100 years
With the height of the tidal wave, the risk increases
When waves are over two meters high, huts made of wood, sheet metal or clay are brought down. Waves over three meters high destroy small concrete structures. Large concrete structures, on the other hand, can withstand waves of five meters and more. From a wave height of four meters, the death toll increases dramatically. From an earthquake of magnitude 7, tsunami heights of up to 30 meters can arise.
The oldest written mention of a tsunami comes from the year 479 BC. The Greek historian Herodotus reported a huge wave that caused devastating damage to the northern Aegean Sea. Three of the four deadliest tsunamis of all time occurred in the Mediterranean and the Atlantic. A volcanic eruption off Greece triggered a tsunami in 1410 BC. This almost wiped out the high culture of the Minoans and killed 100,000 people. As a result of earthquakes off Lisbon in 1755 and off Italy in 1908, tsunamis also occurred, each of which lost 100,000 people.
In 2004 the tsunami killed 230,000 people
The worst tsunami occurred in the Indian Ocean after the 2004 earthquake. In thirteen countries in Asia and Africa, more than 230,000 people from over 60 nations died and over three million people lost their homes. At the end of September 2018, Indonesia was hit by a severe earthquake and a devastating tsunami.
A natural disaster like a tsunami can neither be prevented nor precisely dated. But the further development of early warning systems, the creation of emergency plans, disaster preparedness and the rapid deployment of disaster relief can help to reduce the devastating damage of a natural disaster and save thousands of lives.
- How does moving affect children's social life?
- What is a cartilage piercing
- Who is born with divine gifts
- How does geography differ from other disciplines?
- TCS verbal round
- What is a non-allelic interaction
- What is the use of ISO
- Why does India not have underground power wiring
- What are some of the rarest professions
- What is Newton's Gravity on Earth
- How do the NEET PG toppers prepare
- What is the square root of 4786
- What year did Sanskrit start
- How do I fix MS Word
- What is outsourcing logistics
- How do I turn on a transformer
- What Are Good Swift ZDi Car Tires
- When was the caste system more rigid?
- When will my voice change
- Why do you hate Stephen Hawking
- What is a horizontal search engine
- Admires Putin Mao Zedong
- What are the technical characteristics of MySQL
- Why is agile development so polarizing