How can we define madness
Madness - definition and meaning - this is madness!
A word with a thousand functions for spoken language. When I feel great emotions, I just say “Crazy!”, The strawberry ice cream here is “incredibly delicious” and too much traffic on the streets can “drive the best car driver crazy”. Sounds like a useful word - let's see what you can do with it!
Madness actually describes a mental disorder, a hallucination or, medically speaking, a "psychosis". In colloquial language, however, the word has several meanings and corresponds to the English "madness, craziness".
"Madness" What madness can express
For example, it can express admiration: “Madness! You can play the piano so well! "
Also other positive feelings, for example when there is a big surprise: “Honey! We won the lottery! That's insane!"
Or negative feelings, such as dismay: “Did you hear about the earthquake on the news? Madness! The people urgently need help. "
"Insane" as an adverb or adjective
As an adverb or adjective, it can emotionally reinforce a statement:
"He can really / really / totally play the piano well." "He can play the piano incredibly well."
“Our friends are incredibly lucky! You won the lottery! "
"On the news they talk about an insanely powerful earthquake."
"I'm really happy to finally get to know you personally."
"That drives me crazy!"
If something drives me crazy, it's negative.
For example, when it takes me 2 hours to drive through the city because of the traffic. Then I shout at the steering wheel: "These many cars are driving me crazy!" Or also: "These many cars are driving me crazy!"
If the madness is not strong enough for you, you can use an additional adjective.
"This party is great and crazy!" "This party is bright / absolute / pure madness !!"
Do you see how incredibly useful this word is?
But be careful: since these sentences are very emotional and strong, “Wahnsinn!” And “Wahnsinnig” are of course colloquial.
In official e-mails or in conversations with the boss, it is better to use other words, such as: "This is impressive, terrifying, annoying."
More blog posts and German courses
- How do TikToker earn
- Why am I always sick
- What is two thirds times 3
- What's your most interesting bartender story
- Diaet helps with ADHD
- What are evaluation of logistics
- How do I lose 300 pounds
- Side effects are ever good
- What is the best cigarette company
- A synonym can be a phrase
- What is the strongest inexpensive vodka
- Why does California legalize marijuana
- When is the windiest time in San Francisco?
- When is the first day of autumn
- Why do sports photographers use Canon DSLRs
- What is the meaning of the term `` Einraenkungsanordnung?
- What is Home Loan Balance Transfer
- Think scientific investment is important
- Are you heterophobic
- What is the pathology behind postpartum depression
- Why are some people terribly cynical
- Can Commerce students do Supply Chain Management?
- What is a unique African problem
- What is the full form of GIDC