What does sputum produce in the human body
The type of cough (dry, wet) can therefore provide a good indication of the phase of the illness someone is currently in. But the accompanying coughing noises can also provide a decisive indication of the underlying disease.
Correctly assign coughing noises ...
The unproductive, dry cough, which can often be rough, scratchy and painful, but also whistling or barking, is often perceived as particularly agonizing - especially at night. On the other hand, coughing up tough mucus masses accompanied by rattling noises is also annoying, but at least gives the afflicted mucous membranes and the sick person the necessary relief.
Spasmodic coughing fits with wheezing can occur, but are more typical of bacterial whooping cough (pertussis), which can be vaccinated against from infancy. A suddenly occurring barking variant in connection with shortness of breath is again characteristic of the pseudo croup in toddlers.
... and categorize the sputum
The sputum (also called sputum) consists of a mixture of mucus, secretion and cells that are carried out of the airways with the cough. In addition to the amount and consistency, the coloration also varies as the disease progresses. Can you tell the cause of the disease from the color of the sputum?
The question is not that easy to answer. A transparent or clear to white sputum is most likely a viral infection. However, this finding can also be present in a non-infectious disease with symptomatic cough. This also applies to other colors.
A yellow and especially a green sputum can indicate a bacterial infection - but it doesn't have to be. A brown discoloration can be due to the presence of blood, while brown to black sputum in older people initially suggests a smoker's cough.
As you can see, the color of the ejection does not allow a clear assignment. Often it is more the combination of experience and other accompanying symptoms that provides an indication of the underlying disease.
And what about bloody sputum?
A bloody sputum accompanying the cough can be quite shocking to those affected, but is often harmless. For example, when children cough up or spit out a rusty-brown or frothy-bloody secretion, the source of the bleeding is usually in the nasopharynx and is therefore harmless.
Bloody coughs in adulthood can also have rather harmless causes, but should always be clarified by a doctor. In rare cases, a more serious illness (e.g. tuberculosis, tumor, autoimmune disease) could be concealed behind it.
- Consideration is immoral
- How do I keep iron in my blood
- Dogs can see all colors
- Is Disha Patani better than Alia Bhatt
- What does Sripad Gotra mean
- Startup Law How to Start a Recruiting Agency
- What is your inexplicable sexual secret
- How big is Beto O Rourke
- How should I start reading?
- Offenders pardoned by the President receive voting rights
- Why are lawyers in general more elite?
- Why are southerners considered dangerous
- How do you like the PayPal service
- What is the Wishart Matrix
- Who are the potential buyers for Freshdesk
- How do computer worms get into a device
- Who are Yaduvanshi Rajputs
- What animals live in Spain
- What is the purpose of a brand
- Why did Netflix remove suggestions
- What was the best nu metal band
- Why are emojis always yellow
- What are the symptoms of optic neuritis
- What is volatile crude oil