When will the cashiers go
THE CASHIER - "The cashiers and the three from the punk station"
Dortmund awaits the next punk operetta
The plot is so far. In a dark future, all breweries in the district are in the hands of the "consul", an evil investor, symbol of monopoly capitalism. And where would its effects be worse than with beer? The bankrupt vultures Schmuwe, Peggy, Mitch, Volker and Nikolaj cannot stop this. But one can: DIE KASSIERER-Fronter Wölfi! The punk legend was gone for a year, but only a day went by for him.
"Mitch Maestro was happy," laughs director Thorsten Bihegue in an interview. "He always wanted to write lyrics about the special theory of relativity." Together with Andreas Beck, the dramaturge, who learned his trade in Hildesheim and at the Dartington College of Arts, is now bringing DIE KASSIERER onto the stage for the second time. At that time the piece was called “Chief Evening Wind” instead of “Die Drei von der Punkstelle” - a title that Wolfgang Wendland alias Wölfi found far too obvious at first. The good man has a real operetta past and always comes around the corner quickly with classical songs. "DIE KASSIERER really doesn't have to force anyone to do art," says Bihegue. However, he had learned to "play a little more coarsely with the symbols" for a play with the cult punks from the pot. In the case of monologues that are several minutes long with allusions to Nestroy, there are more boos. You learned from the first experiment. "80 percent of the audience are actually punks, in a suit for the evening, but with a steep mohawk." Theoretically, bringing your own canned beer is forbidden. The locker doors practically rattled in the corridor. Homeless people “who are well behaved” get “one euro for coffee” in front of the door, which they can then buy inside. Where punk meets theater, there are ways and means to reconcile the laws of both worlds.
In any case, in the plot of the new play, Wölfi can suddenly double things after his return. The perfect quality to increase the home-brewed beer that the friends want to oppose the consul. If it weren't for the disadvantage that beer turns into wine under Wölfi's hands. Add to that a love interest in the form of the “beautiful Laika” and a puzzling son of the consul - the ingredients for a dramatic comedy that, punk or punk, sounds like a well thought-out story are ready. Thorsten Bihegue laughs: "These are just the cornerstones from which we are currently researching what is happening." The dates have already been set and people can buy tickets, but the piece is only just being born. But will there be any criteria? "We react to the experiences of the first time," says Bihegue. »Fewer monologues, more focus on the punch line.« When it comes to music, the popular DIE KASSIERER hit songs are combined with classic operetta material and, above all, a couple of brand new songs that are created especially for the spectacle. "That's important," says Bihegue. "Just a best-of in theatrical garb, that would be too little for the people."
“Die Drei von der Punkstelle” runs from March 7th. For dates and times, see www.theaterdo.de.Bands:
- DIE KASSIERER - "Die Drei von der Punkstelle" from March 7th at the Schauspielhaus Dortmund (News, RH Online)
- GRAND MAGUS, CHILDREN OF BODOM, HYPOCRISY, TESTAMENT, DIE KASSIERER, WATAIN, UNLEASHED, THE HAUNTED, HEAVEN SHALL BURN, DECAPITATED, INSOMNIUM, TWILIGHT OF THE GODS, BIOHAZARD - SUMMER BREEZE 2014 (Festivals & Live Reviews), RH 329, 2014
- THE KASSIERER - Chatterbox (Chatterbox, RH 293, 2011)
- Why does a knife have fissure teeth
- Why does Chilean food taste so bad
- It feels like summer
- How to quote a dictionary
- What is your definition of multitasking
- Is it worth trying Canadian immigration
- Why is World of Warcraft so much fun
- How is phosphorus formed
- Has someone compromised a PayPal account?
- Where can I find instrument calibration experts
- Hillary gets arrested outside elementary school
- How can I develop software online
- Are you good with your hands
- What are the best restaurants in Queens
- Which city has the most graffiti
- Hate hate crime laws make sense
- Bitcoin is a sustainable Ponzi program
- Why is G major a sharp key
- Which crest toothpastes have microspheres?
- Do you think happiness is boring?
- How similar are Hindustani and Bengali languages
- What are some vegan comfort foods
- Why is Bernie Sanders hard to beat
- What food causes pimples