Which baby monitors work with Amazon Alexa
Alexa as a baby monitor - this is how it works
Amazon's smart speakers with the associated Alexa voice assistant have many useful functions ready for you to make your home more comfortable and safer. You can read here how you can use Alexa as a baby monitor.
A baby monitor gives parents a feeling of security, especially in the early days, when they are not in the same room as the baby. If you already have a smart speaker from Amazon, you can easily use the voice assistant Alexa as a baby monitor. All you need is an Amazon smart speaker, for example the Echo Dot, a cell phone with the Alexa app or another Alexa device. You can use the telephony function to listen to all the noises from your baby's bedroom completely free of charge. If you have an Alexa device with a screen, e.g. an Amazon Echo Show, you can also display pictures from the baby's room in addition to the sound. With additional accessories, such as an Alexa-compatible camera or weather station, you can also keep an eye on your baby or check whether the room temperature is ideal for sleeping.
Requirements for use as a baby monitor
To use Alexa as a baby monitor, you first need an Amazon Echo in the baby's bedroom. It is best to place this near the bed so that even quiet noises can be transmitted clearly. An echo device with a screen also enables you to see your sleeping baby. The cameras here are mostly directed upwards. So check the picture in advance and tilt the device a little forwards if necessary so that you can see not only the ceiling, but your baby's bed. You also need a smartphone or tablet with an Alexa app or a second smart speaker. A stable WiFi connection is another important requirement. If the connection is poor, the call may have to be aborted and a new connection established. If you have a very unstable internet connection at your place of residence, you should therefore use a conventional baby monitor.
How to use Alexa as a baby monitor
First you have to activate the Alexa telephone function. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Open the Alexa app.
- Tap the speech bubble icon and enter your mobile phone number for verification.
- You will receive an SMS code that you have to enter in the app.
- Agree that your contacts will be imported by Alexa.
You can now easily call your smartphone or another Alexa device with the voice command "Alexa, call my smartphone." From the Amazon Echo, which serves as a baby monitor, e.g. with "Alexa, call in the living room." Then you take the call and leave the connection for as long as you want. You can also connect to the smart speaker via the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet. To do this, go to the area in the app communication and then on Drop in. Select the device you want to connect to and you can use Alexa as a baby monitor. It works similarly with a second smart speaker. Once you have set up the drop-in function, you can connect it to the first device with a simple voice command such as “Alexa, drop in children's room”.
Danger: Since noises should only be transmitted out of the sleeping baby's room and not into it, make sure that the volume of the Amazon echo that is in the room with the baby is set to 0 so that it is not woken up by your voice or any background noise becomes. There is also no acoustic signal if the connection fails and has to be re-established.
- Will the EPA survive Trump's presidency
- Partridge India is a real publisher
- What's stopping you from being cynical
- Instagram is based on what technology
- What is the price of silver today
- Is it worth buying an upgrade to NBA 2K19
- What is a full form of DTP
- How does real love feel?
- Why is Peggy a nickname for Margaret
- How do I contact a successful person
- When are allergy tests absolutely necessary?
- What exactly are you doing
- How do weight sensors work
- Why do dysfunctional families deny
- Recognize pets by other nicknames
- How did Steve Jobs change the world
- Is there an open source DIY site
- Why was Socrates given poison
- What is the Clayton Anti Trust Act
- Which master's degree should I do?
- Becoming an engineer is a safe career
- The AAP is supported by the Middle East
- What are some upcoming smartphone upgrades
- Is she fair-skinned