Is energy quantized in classical physics
Quantization, Quantization, the transition from classical physical theories to the corresponding quantum theories. There is no unambiguous quantization procedure; the principle of correspondence, according to which in the Limes H
0 the classical theory should follow (if it exists at all) and general requirements, such as that of the positivity of energy, do not completely determine the quantization. In all quantization methods, certain commutation relations are established for the operators of quantum theory or - more generally - the algebraic properties of these operators.
In quantum mechanics, depending on the representation, one encounters two equivalent methods, Schrödinger's method and Heisenberg's or canonical method. In the first case one obtains the Schrödinger wave mechanics, in the second case the Heisenberg matrix mechanics (quantum mechanics). At the Schrödinger's method quantization consists in the statistical interpretation of the wave function to be determined as the solution of the time-dependent Schrödinger equation. At the Heisenbergschen or canonical procedure physical quantities such as position, momentum and energy are not considered to be ordinary functions (c-number functions), but as operator-valued functions (q-number functions), which meet certain interchangeability rules (commutator).
The transition from classical mechanics to quantum mechanics can generally be established through the following correspondences: The physical quantity F.(q, p), as a function of the canonically conjugated variable q and p understood, go to the observable
as a function of the Hermitian operators
above, and the Poisson bracket
goes over to the commutator
- What is an oblique symmetric matrix
- Do men love a romantic girlfriend
- Will millennials have enough money to retire?
- Why do cats like to eat fish?
- When is the tourist season in San Francisco
- The Pittsburgh Steelers are on the retreat
- What is SeaGen
- Which number system did the ancient Greeks use
- What happened to Josephine Napoleon's wife
- What do people love about Quora
- What is life like at Pondicherry Engineering College
- How tall is Mark Wahlberg
- What does the osmosis rate mean
- China becomes a fascist country
- Can a banker cross the check
- What is the ratio of 9 72
- Burning incense is harmful to health
- What is meant by landlocked states
- Binge drinking is an addiction
- Why is Barcelona doing badly lately?
- Who are the newest billionaires in India?
- Is it an unforgivable sin to be gay?
- What is conceptual math
- What are the biggest frustrations about education