Can PayPal accept a debit card
Accept credit cards and debit cards as a method of payment
If you accept PayPal payments, it also gives buyers the option to pay by credit card, debit card or invoice. With PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay (via the eBay app on the iPhone / iPad and the eBay mobile website on the iPhone), Klarna Sofortüberweisung, purchase on account and credit card payments, both you and the buyer are protected by eBay buyer protection. Find out more about which payment methods are covered by eBay Buyer Protection.
What you need to be able to accept credit cards or debit cards
To be able to accept credit card and debit card payments, you need both a merchant account and a payment gateway account.
- A Merchant account is a merchant account with a bank that allows businesses to accept payments by credit card or debit card.
- A Payment portal account is an account with a service that sends card transactions for processing using a secure connection.
When a buyer checks out on eBay and selects your credit card and debit card payments, our checkout will not assist the payment. In this case, ask the buyer for the required data and send it to your payment portal.
Note: When you participate in payment processing as a seller, your buyers will usually automatically receive payment by credit card or debit card, Apple Pay (via the eBay app on the iPhone / iPad and the eBay mobile website on the iPhone), Google Pay and Klarna Sofortüberweisung offered.
What you need to do to be able to accept credit cards or debit cards
If you offer credit card and debit card payments yourself, they choose Buyers in the Checkout only Add a credit or debit card out. Please clarify in advance which data is required with the provider of your payment portal or your card institute. Request the required data from the buyer and send it to your payment portal or card company.
Payment processing on eBay
If you, as a seller, take part in payment processing, eBay processes all payments for you. You do not need to select a payment method when creating your offers, as it is automatically updated to always offer your buyers all possible payment methods.
Your buyers are protected and can pay securely by credit card or debit card, direct debit, Apple Pay (via the eBay app on the iPhone / iPad and the eBay mobile website on the iPhone), Google Pay and Klarna Sofortüberweisung or PayPal. You can safely complete your purchase on eBay and have the option of saving your credit card details for future use. For payments that are managed by eBay, you and the buyer are protected by our eBay buyer protection.
Payments without payment processing on eBay
If you are not currently participating in or registered with payment processing, you will need to accept PayPal when selling on most eBay categories. If you accept PayPal, buyers can pay online by credit or debit card, direct debit, or PayPal account. Both you and the buyer are covered by our eBay buyer protection.
- What could happen in Seattle
- What are the types of barbed wire
- Why are Seahawks fans called 12 s
- XLRI has a dance club
- How we can hear noises behind the loudspeaker
- How angry is Barty Crouch Sr.
- Where did Abraham come from in the Bible?
- What is a basement membrane
- What role does a sheriff play
- What is TestRX
- Trump increases NASA's annual budget
- Are regional languages threats to the unity of India?
- What's your rating of TimesJobs
- Common sense is something that everyone can have
- A PhD is a research-based degree
- What are the primary and secondary batteries
- Do you think heartbreak is overrated
- Are kiwis made by people
- Why is autoimmunity so difficult to cure
- How can we contact a heart specialist
- What causes erosion in the desert
- When does charisma become manipulation?
- How is MacBook 12 for coding
- Who started TED
- What is the healthiest deer combination
- What is TMC
- How powerful is a hydrogen bomb
- What do I feed my goat
- How can I maintain my RV roof
- Oral thrush is a sign of cancer
- Is the object distance ever negative
- Is civil or software engineering the best
- Who is the richest person in Cambodia
- Can you die of poverty