Class 9 lessons are required
Music lessons 9th grade
Music doesn't just do funbut is also the perfect training for the brain: The musical practice trains hearing and a sense of rhythm, coordination, concentration and creativity. Making music increases emotional competence and promotes cooperative behavior. As a music teacher, your job is to do all of these Promote competencies - an exciting task that can also be a little intimidating.
But don't worry, we know what to do! We have put together the most important questions about music lessons in the 9th grade for you - also and especially for Non-specialistwho want to teach music for the first time.
What is important for good music lessons in 9th grade?
In this age group, students place particular emphasis on current music. The hits from the charts and the current YouTube videos appeal to them in particular. At the same time, you can get them excited about playing in a band or orchestra. If these two aspects - current hits and class music - are combined, the motivation of your class is assured.
Curious what current hit we're in latest edition of the Practice of music lessonss ready for you and your students? Here you can find the current issue of Praxis des Musikunterricht.
Which musical skills should be taught in the 9th grade?
The areas of competence contain a wide range of expectations or criteria. These Competency expectations and content of the music curriculum are divided into learning areas in most curricula. Here you can see the areas according to the Bavarian curriculum:
The following competencies can be derived from this as an example:
- The pupils sometimes sing and make music with several voices in different compositions, using largely independent voice-building techniques (such as opening resonance spaces) (see Bavarian learning plan).
- They improvise with instruments and their voices and set short film scenes (Bavaria) to music.
- They describe different woodwind instruments, consciously hear them in selected examples (e.g. programmatic orchestral works) and explain different sound effects (Bavaria).
- The pupils implement emotions and actions in their own attempts at designing film scenes in a differentiated manner, select music independently and can justify their choice. In doing so, they reflect on their results on the basis of observation criteria that they have developed themselves (Bavaria).
- On the main steps of a scale they form triads and use them for song accompaniment (Bavaria).
- Based on a leading question, they describe and compare hearing impressions and, using technical language, describe the musical structures perceived there (see learning plan North Rhine-Westphalia).
- The students name musical structures on the basis of simple notations, analyze simple musical structures based on a leading question (North Rhine-Westphalia) using basic specialist methods (parameter analysis, simple form analysis).
- You design and implement simple musical arrangements using elementary musical structures (North Rhine-Westphalia).
- They present compositions and design results (North Rhine-Westphalia).
How do band music and orchestral rehearsals succeed?
In order to make music together, all students need precise instructions - the interaction as a band needs to be well coordinated! The instruments either have to be prepared or the students have to know how to set the respective instrument correctly.
Another difficulty is to keep track of things - the students will experiment on their instruments and it can therefore get very loud at times. It can quickly happen that a student skips because they don't know what rhythm they are in. So in the end a result ready for performance everyone needs to know exactly what to do and when (moldings, repetitions, breaks, etc.).
In our magazine Practice of music teachingwe therefore offer you an always up-to-date selection of suitable songs and pieces of music - completely arranged and ready for the first rehearsal. Making music together becomes a great experience for you and your class!
Young people with a broken voice: how do I deal with it?
Most adolescents begin to break their voices when they are 12 or 13 years old. But it can also start at the age of 11 or only at 15. Singing while your voice breaks is not a problem, but should not be operated in excess. It is often enough to point out that when pain does arise, singing should not be performed. If a boy is uncomfortable with singing, don't push him to do it (the same goes for girls, of course). It is a really difficult time for some boys with broken voices.
How can I design varied lessons?
The possibilities for a successful music lesson in the 9th grade are diverse and you have one Variety of teaching materials, methods and contentthat you can introduce are available.
Just try ours free download offers out!
Where can I get teaching material for the 9th grade?
The Practice of teaching music has everything you need ready. Here you will find Current hits, varied arrangements and lots of additional information for successful class music-making in 9th grade. With every issue you get everything you need to get started right away!
From the lead sheet to the play along to the playbacks on CD. All teaching units and arrangements are differentiable and tried and tested. The journals contain, among other things, the following content:
- Popular classic
- Performance material
- Brand new hits
- pop music
- Current topics
You would like an overview of all editions of the teaching material Practice of music teaching? You can find all issues of our magazine here: www.lugert-shop.de/de/Musikunterricht-in-der-Sekundarstufe
- What is the function of the programming language
- How are enzymes affected by heat
- What is the Russian word for difficult
- How can I send mail to Mexico
- When was high blood pressure discovered
- Can the Indian police arrest someone?
- Did the Native American people eat dogs?
- Why is Stain praising All Might
- Hey you yes you why
- How can Gaehnen be contagious
- What is greeat on the OnePlus 7T
- How is one soldier better than another
- Why are some blood types rare
- Can deliver GrubHub on base
- What are the best restaurants in Queens
- Why do people want drugs to be legalized?
- Is the US in a crisis?
- Is phytoplankton a decomposer or not
- Is Cameroon a cheap place to visit
- Why don't landlords accept DSS
- Bitcoin becomes the world's reserve currency
- What is Hillary Clinton's IQ
- An operating system is a virtual machine
- Hire Google ECE students