What are the facts about instant noodles
How instant noodles are harmful to health: It happens in the body
A soup with instant noodles, also called ramen,is quick to prepare and a popular snack for lunch breaks and in between.But the time you save is at the expense of your health. Because the instant noodles put more strain on the body than expected.
A video shows how digestion challenges the gastrointestinal tract.
Using a mini-camera that was swallowed by test subjects, physician Braden Kuo from Massachusetts General Hospital followed how instant noodles are processed in the body. In a second video he documented the digestion process of freshly made pasta.
Instant noodles are tough work for the stomach
The result of the video comparison showed major differences: after one to two hours, the ready-made pasta was significantly less processed. "We can watch the stomach contract over and over again to digest the noodles," says Kuo. With the fresh ramen pasta, the picture was different: the noodles were digested quickly and did not cause any strain on the stomach.
The experiment is too small to give scientifically clear indications of a health hazard, says Kuo. Nevertheless, the recordings are worrying. Because they indicate that many additives are processed in highly processed foods, the effects of which can be potentially harmful to health. These include, for example, the antioxidant E319 or glutamate, which is contained in many instant products.
Two times a week is already too much
A study at the Harvard School of Public Healh, which was published two years ago in the "Journal of Nutrition", also shows that instant noodles can have serious health consequences. In this study, in which more than 10,700 test subjects between the ages of 19 and 64 took part, it was possible to prove that there is a connection between the consumption of instant noodle dishes and heart disease.
Women were particularly affected. Those who ate instant noodle ready meals more than twice a week were significantly more likely to develop metabolic syndrome. The risk increased by almost 70 percent.
Metabolic syndrome: the risk increases
The metabolic syndrome, also known as the "fatal quartet", is characterized by a combination of obesity, lipid metabolism disorders, high blood pressure and insulin resistance - a main cause of diabetes. This also increases the risk of heart disease.
The researchers see the reason for the increased risk of pasta eaters in the composition of the products: They contain a lot of calories, saturated fatty acids, simple carbohydrates and sodium - a mixture that has a negative effect on women's metabolism.
Important NOTE: The information in no way replaces professional advice or treatment by trained and recognized doctors. The contents of t-online cannot and must not be used to independently make diagnoses or start treatments.
more on the subject
- Metabolic syndrome,
- Gastrointestinal tract,
- High blood pressure,
- How does methylene blue treat methaemoglobinaemia
- What celebrities collect comics
- You can take Singulair and Loratadine together
- What does the name Badeh mean?
- What are the signs of alopecia areata
- Why can I accept Jesus
- Feel free to blog
- How do you sell services
- Can women reach orgasm only through breast manipulation?
- What are Facebook designers doing
- Why were the Homeric epics so influential
- Should Quora be banned
- How many lives has science saved?
- Is Chandigarh University PCI Approved
- Why can't I shop on the Dunhills website
- What kind of edges could Square have?
- What is the secret behind service providers
- Which is better Pinterest or Instagram
- What are the 6th NCERT history notes
- Which website builder should I choose
- What is a hierarchy manager
- Is Velveeta the same as Cheese Whiz
- Are HTTP and HTTPS connections the same thing
- When is it wrong to help someone?