What is JSVC in Java
How do I benefit from JSVC if I only use systemd?
The Tomcat documentation describes the process of compiling and installing JSVC, which can be used to run Tomcat as a daemon. As I understand it, JSVC has two advantages:
- It is started as root and allows the use of a privileged port (like 80 or 443).
- It creates a "controller process" that monitors a "controlled process" (the main Java thread) and starts the process again if it fails.
I learned systemd including service unit configuration. Due to my limited understanding, systemd can perform the same tasks as JSVC if I set (with the desired username) and in my configuration file.
When using JSVC I would expect it to look something like this:
When using systemd I would expect it to look something like this:
My preference is to only use systemd as it already exists and I have to (should) use it anyway. However, I'm not sure I am missing any benefit in using JSVC that I have overlooked.
What can JSVC do that systemd can't do when trying to run Tomcat as a daemon?
Also, if systemd is able to perform the same tasks as JSVC and JSVC, I would like to ask for any configuration tips you might offer to best achieve the benefits of JSVC with systemd.
- Earn YouTubers more than Twich streamers
- How often does sleep paralysis occur?
- Can I use fractions to balance equations?
- What style is street dance
- What are good books for computer architecture
- How does AIDS occur in humans?
- Has anyone surprised you with its simplicity
- Is there really any objective news left?
- Who can call a state of emergency
- What is Organic Twitter Marketing
- How should I be proactive
- What is the rebel's declaration
- Is anyone still living in Wittenoom?
- Why do spies wear catsuits in movies?
- How did the medieval siege attack work
- Who offers sales training programs in Ahmedabad
- What appears on a balance sheet
- What are the literature discussion strategies
- Can dyslexia affect the person's emotions
- What are the different web development services
- Is religion a lie?
- What are the best inbound marketing courses
- Why are there so many galaxies
- Network Marketing will take time