Which enzymes activates trypsin
to directory mode
Area of Expertise - Biochemistry, metabolism
Various proteins, such as the digestive enzymes trypsin and chymotrypsin, plasmin, rennin or urokinase, are synthesized as inactive precursor peptides (zymogens) that are only activated by the proteolytic cleavage of part of the peptide. Linguistically, the precursor form is identified by adding the syllable -ogen (trypsinogen) or the prefix Pro- (prorennin). The activation can take place by a proteolytic enzyme, be autocatalytic as with trypsin or depend on the environment; For example, pepsinogen is split into pepsin by the acidic environment of the stomach. The physiological background of the zymogen activation of digestive enzymes is the protection of the organism from self-digestion. The preliminary stages remain inactive until they have reached their destination.
In blood coagulation, too, the inactive precursors of the coagulation cascade are gradually activated by proteolytic cleavage
See also: blood coagulation cascade
Learning units in which the term is dealt with
Regulation of the enzyme concentration70 min.
Different ways of regulating the enzyme concentration are listed: genetic regulation using the example of the lac operon, catabolite repression and proteolytic cleavage.
biochemistrymetabolismEnzymes and enzyme classes
The enzyme chymotrypsin is described as a typical example of a serine protease. The module also deals with the zymogen activation of chymotrypsinogen, the reversible inhibition of the enzyme by the chymotrypsin inhibitor and describes the structure of active chymotrypsin and its structural features, i.e. the catalytic triad and the oxyanion hole. A 3D animation of the enzymatic catalysis of chymotrypsin is also included.
- What is the BTech career like at UPES
- What is machine learning accuracy
- What are the limits of visual merchandising
- Have you already asked 100 questions?
- When did analog television end in Japan?
- What are the Symptoms of Thyroid Disease
- What is the strongest color
- What exactly increases fuel consumption
- What is Frances gastronomic capital
- How can I work with Ext JS
- What has gotten better after apartheid?
- Is Disha Patani better than Alia Bhatt
- What happened to Josephine Napoleon's wife
- How healthy is kangaroo meat
- Boys went swimming in ancient Rome
- Do you like comfortable pajamas
- Who is the rudest Bollywood director
- What makes you depressed about modern journalism
- What is Marx's concept of history
- How would animals react to extraterrestrials?
- What is an intermolecular force
- What are some good popular pharmacology books
- If 4x 24 x what is x
- Will BTC drop below 10,000